Saturday, February 25, 2012

White Girls Can't Jump

I was working at an aquatic park, and I switched shifts with Richard, so he could help out Aaron with his work shift. Richard's shift was janitorial work, and I finished it, but I also had to partake in a race. I stayed in first place for most of it, but everyone eventually caught up. I didn't really care about winning, I only wanted to finish first because I was worried that by attempting to help Aaron, my new shift would interfere with Derby.
Part of the course was a yellow/brown dirt with yellow/brown streaks of lava, and we had to vault over them. I lost a shoe in the process but didn't get sucked into the lava. Then there was a matted platform at waist height that I tried to jump over but got stuck on top of instead of sliding across it. At the very end of the race I met up at this large boat trailer, where three others were waiting, all around my parents age, two males one female. There was a tarp or canvas set up over the boat to protect from the sun, and the wind was blowing so hard we had to hold it and the boat down so it'd stay, but for some reason all the other boats and groups of people were unaffected.


No comments:

Post a Comment